mbox series

[v3,00/10] bnxt patchset with bug fixes

Message ID 20200114051435.46093-1-ajit.khaparde@broadcom.com (mailing list archive)
Headers show
Series bnxt patchset with bug fixes | expand

Message

Ajit Khaparde Jan. 14, 2020, 5:14 a.m. UTC
v1->v2: fixed the correct the commit ids in Fixes tag.
v2->v3: shorten commit log and update commit ids for Fixes tag.

Note that Fixes tag in patch 07/10 is correct.

Kalesh AP (8):
  net/bnxt: handle flow create failure
  net/bnxt: fix probe failure in FreeBSD
  net/bnxt: fix to use correct IOVA mapping
  net/bnxt: fix enable/disable VLAN filtering
  net/bnxt: fix VLAN strip support
  net/bnxt: handle HW filter setting when port is stopped
  net/bnxt: fix a memory leak in port stop
  net/bnxt: use macro for PCI log format

Somnath Kotur (2):
  net/bnxt: release port upon close
  net/bnxt: fix calculation of max rings

 drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt.h        |  21 +-
 drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_ethdev.c | 422 ++++++++++++++++++---------------
 drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_filter.c |   5 +-
 drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_flow.c   |   4 +-
 drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_hwrm.c   |  28 +--
 drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_irq.c    |   8 +
 drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_ring.c   |  17 --
 drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_vnic.c   |  11 -
 8 files changed, 273 insertions(+), 243 deletions(-)

Comments

Ajit Khaparde Jan. 14, 2020, 5:27 a.m. UTC | #1
On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 9:16 PM Ajit Khaparde <ajit.khaparde@broadcom.com>
wrote:

> v1->v2: fixed the correct the commit ids in Fixes tag.
> v2->v3: shorten commit log and update commit ids for Fixes tag.
>
> Note that Fixes tag in patch 07/10 is correct.
>
Patches applied to dpdk-next-net-brcm. Thanks


>
> Kalesh AP (8):
>   net/bnxt: handle flow create failure
>   net/bnxt: fix probe failure in FreeBSD
>   net/bnxt: fix to use correct IOVA mapping
>   net/bnxt: fix enable/disable VLAN filtering
>   net/bnxt: fix VLAN strip support
>   net/bnxt: handle HW filter setting when port is stopped
>   net/bnxt: fix a memory leak in port stop
>   net/bnxt: use macro for PCI log format
>
> Somnath Kotur (2):
>   net/bnxt: release port upon close
>   net/bnxt: fix calculation of max rings
>
>  drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt.h        |  21 +-
>  drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_ethdev.c | 422 ++++++++++++++++++---------------
>  drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_filter.c |   5 +-
>  drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_flow.c   |   4 +-
>  drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_hwrm.c   |  28 +--
>  drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_irq.c    |   8 +
>  drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_ring.c   |  17 --
>  drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_vnic.c   |  11 -
>  8 files changed, 273 insertions(+), 243 deletions(-)
>
> --
> 2.21.0 (Apple Git-122.2)
>
>
Ferruh Yigit Jan. 14, 2020, 1:02 p.m. UTC | #2
On 1/14/2020 5:27 AM, Ajit Khaparde wrote:
> 
> 
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 9:16 PM Ajit Khaparde <ajit.khaparde@broadcom.com
> <mailto:ajit.khaparde@broadcom.com>> wrote:
> 
>     v1->v2: fixed the correct the commit ids in Fixes tag.
>     v2->v3: shorten commit log and update commit ids for Fixes tag.
> 
>     Note that Fixes tag in patch 07/10 is correct.
> 
> Patches applied to dpdk-next-net-brcm. Thanks

Hi Ajit,

There are some patches with fixes lines but not requested the backport [1], are
they explicitly not wanted to be backported or missed the tag?
To prevent this questions, for the cases the commit explicitly not wanted to be
backported can you please put the reasoning for it into the commit log as comment.

Thanks,
ferruh


[1]
Is it candidate for Cc: stable@dpdk.org backport?
        net/bnxt: fix probe failure in FreeBSD
        net/bnxt: fix VLAN strip support
        net/bnxt: use macro for PCI log format
        net/bnxt: fix calculation of max rings


>  
> 
> 
>     Kalesh AP (8):
>       net/bnxt: handle flow create failure
>       net/bnxt: fix probe failure in FreeBSD
>       net/bnxt: fix to use correct IOVA mapping
>       net/bnxt: fix enable/disable VLAN filtering
>       net/bnxt: fix VLAN strip support
>       net/bnxt: handle HW filter setting when port is stopped
>       net/bnxt: fix a memory leak in port stop
>       net/bnxt: use macro for PCI log format
> 
>     Somnath Kotur (2):
>       net/bnxt: release port upon close
>       net/bnxt: fix calculation of max rings
> 
>      drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt.h        |  21 +-
>      drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_ethdev.c | 422 ++++++++++++++++++---------------
>      drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_filter.c |   5 +-
>      drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_flow.c   |   4 +-
>      drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_hwrm.c   |  28 +--
>      drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_irq.c    |   8 +
>      drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_ring.c   |  17 --
>      drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_vnic.c   |  11 -
>      8 files changed, 273 insertions(+), 243 deletions(-)
> 
>     -- 
>     2.21.0 (Apple Git-122.2)
>