mbox series

[v3,0/7] BBDEV test updates

Message ID 1597795557-39612-1-git-send-email-nicolas.chautru@intel.com (mailing list archive)
Headers show
Series BBDEV test updates | expand

Message

Chautru, Nicolas Aug. 19, 2020, 12:05 a.m. UTC
v3: apologize again for typo and not double checking with check-git-log
v2: typos missed in commit messages
Serie updating and extending the app running the bbdev-test for the existing bbdev PMDs.


Nicolas Chautru (7):
  app/bbdev: add explicit ut for latency vs validation
  app/bbdev: add explicit check for counters
  app/bbdev: include explicit HARQ preloading
  app/bbdev: define wait for offload
  app/bbdev: skip bler ut when compression is used
  app/bbdev: reduce duration of throughput test
  app/bbdev: update offload test to dequeue full ring

 app/test-bbdev/main.h            |   1 +
 app/test-bbdev/test_bbdev_perf.c | 193 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 2 files changed, 152 insertions(+), 42 deletions(-)

Comments

Chautru, Nicolas Oct. 7, 2020, 12:13 a.m. UTC | #1
Hi Akhil, 
Just a heads up on this bbdev related serie in case you missed it. 
It would be useful to have all the bbdev changes into rc1. 
+ Tom
Thanks again, 
Nic


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chautru, Nicolas <nicolas.chautru@intel.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 5:06 PM
> To: dev@dpdk.org; akhil.goyal@nxp.com
> Cc: Richardson, Bruce <bruce.richardson@intel.com>; Chautru, Nicolas
> <nicolas.chautru@intel.com>
> Subject: [PATCH v3 0/7] BBDEV test updates
> 
> v3: apologize again for typo and not double checking with check-git-log
> v2: typos missed in commit messages
> Serie updating and extending the app running the bbdev-test for the existing
> bbdev PMDs.
> 
> 
> Nicolas Chautru (7):
>   app/bbdev: add explicit ut for latency vs validation
>   app/bbdev: add explicit check for counters
>   app/bbdev: include explicit HARQ preloading
>   app/bbdev: define wait for offload
>   app/bbdev: skip bler ut when compression is used
>   app/bbdev: reduce duration of throughput test
>   app/bbdev: update offload test to dequeue full ring
> 
>  app/test-bbdev/main.h            |   1 +
>  app/test-bbdev/test_bbdev_perf.c | 193
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
>  2 files changed, 152 insertions(+), 42 deletions(-)
> 
> --
> 1.8.3.1
Akhil Goyal Oct. 7, 2020, 6:37 a.m. UTC | #2
Hi Nic,
> 
> Hi Akhil,
> Just a heads up on this bbdev related serie in case you missed it.
> It would be useful to have all the bbdev changes into rc1.
> + Tom

This patchset is not reviewed much and I have a lot of back log to clear for API layer.
I am planning to pick it in RC2, or if I get some time after merging the essential patches for RC1.

Regards,
Akhil
Chautru, Nicolas Oct. 7, 2020, 4 p.m. UTC | #3
Tom, 
Can you please review the serie to provide more ack/review. 
It was already reviewed and shared as patch internally to Intel.
Thanks
Nic

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Akhil Goyal <akhil.goyal@nxp.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 11:38 PM
> To: Chautru, Nicolas <nicolas.chautru@intel.com>; dev@dpdk.org;
> trix@redhat.com
> Cc: Richardson, Bruce <bruce.richardson@intel.com>
> Subject: RE: [PATCH v3 0/7] BBDEV test updates
> 
> Hi Nic,
> >
> > Hi Akhil,
> > Just a heads up on this bbdev related serie in case you missed it.
> > It would be useful to have all the bbdev changes into rc1.
> > + Tom
> 
> This patchset is not reviewed much and I have a lot of back log to clear for
> API layer.
> I am planning to pick it in RC2, or if I get some time after merging the
> essential patches for RC1.
> 
> Regards,
> Akhil
Chautru, Nicolas Oct. 20, 2020, 4:08 p.m. UTC | #4
Hi Akhil, 
Heads up on this one. Can you consider applying it for rc2 now?
Thanks
Nic

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Akhil Goyal <akhil.goyal@nxp.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 11:38 PM
> To: Chautru, Nicolas <nicolas.chautru@intel.com>; dev@dpdk.org;
> trix@redhat.com
> Cc: Richardson, Bruce <bruce.richardson@intel.com>
> Subject: RE: [PATCH v3 0/7] BBDEV test updates
> 
> Hi Nic,
> >
> > Hi Akhil,
> > Just a heads up on this bbdev related serie in case you missed it.
> > It would be useful to have all the bbdev changes into rc1.
> > + Tom
> 
> This patchset is not reviewed much and I have a lot of back log to clear for
> API layer.
> I am planning to pick it in RC2, or if I get some time after merging the
> essential patches for RC1.
> 
> Regards,
> Akhil