[v2,0/3] armv8 crypto PMD update
mbox series

Message ID 20200119074004.213861-1-ruifeng.wang@arm.com
Headers show
Series
  • armv8 crypto PMD update
Related show

Message

Ruifeng Wang Jan. 19, 2020, 7:40 a.m. UTC
Maintainance of armv8_crypto library created by Marvell/Cavium will
be discontinued. Going forward, Armv8 crypto PMD will link to AArch64
crypto library hosted by Arm.

Patch 1/3, 2/3 update source code and document respectively to reflect
the change.
Patch 3/3 fixs Clang build issue when Armv8 crypto PMD is enabled.


v2:
Convert to formal patches from RFC.
API and public structure renaming.

Ruifeng Wang (3):
  crypto/armv8: link PMD to crypto library hosted by Arm
  doc: update link to the crypto library for armv8 PMD
  crypto/armv8: fix clang build

 doc/guides/cryptodevs/armv8.rst          |  7 ++-
 drivers/crypto/armv8/Makefile            |  3 +-
 drivers/crypto/armv8/armv8_pmd_private.h |  4 +-
 drivers/crypto/armv8/rte_armv8_pmd.c     | 55 ++++++++++++++++--------
 drivers/crypto/armv8/rte_armv8_pmd_ops.c |  2 -
 mk/rte.app.mk                            |  2 +-
 6 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)

Comments

Akhil Goyal Jan. 21, 2020, 7:09 a.m. UTC | #1
Hi,

Please also enable meson build for armv8 PMD.
There was a patch in last release which was not applied. That need a rebase and can be included in this series if more changes need to be done for the changes in this patchset.
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/60499/

Please also update the release notes that the hosting for armv8 crypto has changed and the name has also changed.

I sent out a mail for the compilation issue that I face. Could you please reply to that as well and add any missing info required in the patchset.

Regards,
Akhil

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ruifeng Wang <ruifeng.wang@arm.com>
> Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 1:10 PM
> To: Akhil Goyal <akhil.goyal@nxp.com>; gavin.hu@arm.com
> Cc: dev@dpdk.org; jerinj@marvell.com; honnappa.nagarahalli@arm.com;
> nd@arm.com; Ruifeng Wang <ruifeng.wang@arm.com>
> Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] armv8 crypto PMD update
> 
> Maintainance of armv8_crypto library created by Marvell/Cavium will
> be discontinued. Going forward, Armv8 crypto PMD will link to AArch64
> crypto library hosted by Arm.
> 
> Patch 1/3, 2/3 update source code and document respectively to reflect
> the change.
> Patch 3/3 fixs Clang build issue when Armv8 crypto PMD is enabled.
> 
> 
> v2:
> Convert to formal patches from RFC.
> API and public structure renaming.
> 
> Ruifeng Wang (3):
>   crypto/armv8: link PMD to crypto library hosted by Arm
>   doc: update link to the crypto library for armv8 PMD
>   crypto/armv8: fix clang build
> 
>  doc/guides/cryptodevs/armv8.rst          |  7 ++-
>  drivers/crypto/armv8/Makefile            |  3 +-
>  drivers/crypto/armv8/armv8_pmd_private.h |  4 +-
>  drivers/crypto/armv8/rte_armv8_pmd.c     | 55 ++++++++++++++++--------
>  drivers/crypto/armv8/rte_armv8_pmd_ops.c |  2 -
>  mk/rte.app.mk                            |  2 +-
>  6 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)
> 
> --
> 2.17.1
Ruifeng Wang Jan. 21, 2020, 9:49 a.m. UTC | #2
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Akhil Goyal <akhil.goyal@nxp.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 15:09
> To: Ruifeng Wang <Ruifeng.Wang@arm.com>; Gavin Hu
> <Gavin.Hu@arm.com>
> Cc: dev@dpdk.org; jerinj@marvell.com; Honnappa Nagarahalli
> <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>; nd <nd@arm.com>
> Subject: RE: [PATCH v2 0/3] armv8 crypto PMD update
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Please also enable meson build for armv8 PMD.
> There was a patch in last release which was not applied. That need a rebase
> and can be included in this series if more changes need to be done for the
> changes in this patchset.
> http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/60499/
> 
Yes, I will include this patch in this series.

> Please also update the release notes that the hosting for armv8 crypto has
> changed and the name has also changed.
> 
OK. 

> I sent out a mail for the compilation issue that I face. Could you please reply
> to that as well and add any missing info required in the patchset.
OK.

> 
> Regards,
> Akhil
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Ruifeng Wang <ruifeng.wang@arm.com>
> > Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 1:10 PM
> > To: Akhil Goyal <akhil.goyal@nxp.com>; gavin.hu@arm.com
> > Cc: dev@dpdk.org; jerinj@marvell.com; honnappa.nagarahalli@arm.com;
> > nd@arm.com; Ruifeng Wang <ruifeng.wang@arm.com>
> > Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] armv8 crypto PMD update
> >
> > Maintainance of armv8_crypto library created by Marvell/Cavium will be
> > discontinued. Going forward, Armv8 crypto PMD will link to AArch64
> > crypto library hosted by Arm.
> >
> > Patch 1/3, 2/3 update source code and document respectively to reflect
> > the change.
> > Patch 3/3 fixs Clang build issue when Armv8 crypto PMD is enabled.
> >
> >
> > v2:
> > Convert to formal patches from RFC.
> > API and public structure renaming.
> >
> > Ruifeng Wang (3):
> >   crypto/armv8: link PMD to crypto library hosted by Arm
> >   doc: update link to the crypto library for armv8 PMD
> >   crypto/armv8: fix clang build
> >
> >  doc/guides/cryptodevs/armv8.rst          |  7 ++-
> >  drivers/crypto/armv8/Makefile            |  3 +-
> >  drivers/crypto/armv8/armv8_pmd_private.h |  4 +-
> >  drivers/crypto/armv8/rte_armv8_pmd.c     | 55 ++++++++++++++++-------
> -
> >  drivers/crypto/armv8/rte_armv8_pmd_ops.c |  2 -
> >  mk/rte.app.mk                            |  2 +-
> >  6 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)
> >
> > --
> > 2.17.1