[00/29] net/sfc/base: update base driver
mbox series

Message ID 1560152324-20538-1-git-send-email-arybchenko@solarflare.com
Headers show
Series
  • net/sfc/base: update base driver
Related show

Message

Andrew Rybchenko June 10, 2019, 7:38 a.m. UTC
checkpatches.sh generates warnings/errors because of a bit different
coding style in base driver.

Andrew Lee (1):
  net/sfc/base: fix signed/unsigned mismatch errors

Andrew Rybchenko (2):
  net/sfc/base: do not rely on indirect header inclusion
  net/sfc/base: update MCDI headers

Gautam Dawar (14):
  net/sfc/base: enable chained multicast on all EF10 cards
  net/sfc/base: export the zero-based MCDI port number
  net/sfc/base: introduce of EVB module for SR-IOV support
  net/sfc/base: add MCDI wrappers for vPort and vSwitch in EVB
  net/sfc/base: add EVB module vSwitch/vPort/vAdaptor ops
  net/sfc/base: implement vSwitch create/destroy
  net/sfc/base: factor out upstream port vAdaptor allocation
  net/sfc/base: support data path with EVB module
  net/sfc/base: support proxy auth operations for SR-IOV
  net/sfc/base: implement proxy auth MCDI event handling
  net/sfc/base: provide proxy APIs to client drivers
  net/sfc/base: provide APIs to configure and reset vPort
  net/sfc/base: provide API to fetch vPort statistics
  net/sfc/base: add APIs for PTP privilege configuration

Kevin Lampis (1):
  net/sfc/base: add definition of OEM TLV

Mark Spender (2):
  net/sfc/base: fix shift by more bits than field width
  net/sfc/base: improve code style in sensors decoding

Paul Fox (1):
  net/sfc/base: add definition of bundle metadata partition

Richard Houldsworth (8):
  net/sfc/base: add driver version string registration
  net/sfc/base: add capabilities for bundle partition support
  net/sfc/base: add extensible NVRAM info function
  net/sfc/base: add NVRAM info to API
  net/sfc/base: add firmware ID header
  net/sfc/base: support direct FW update for bundle partitions
  net/sfc/base: transition to the extensible NVRAM info API
  net/sfc/base: add background mode firmware updating

 drivers/net/sfc/Makefile                  |    4 +
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_ev.c            |    7 +
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_evb.c           |  553 ++++++++++
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_filter.c        |    3 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_firmware_ids.h  |  184 ++++
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_image.c         |   74 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_impl.h          |  163 +++
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_nic.c           |  212 +++-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_nvram.c         |  110 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_proxy.c         |  474 ++++++++
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_rx.c            |    4 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_tlv_layout.h    |   35 +
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_tx.c            |    2 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_vpd.c           |    7 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx.h                |  223 +++-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_check.h          |   16 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_evb.c            |  544 ++++++++++
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_impl.h           |  112 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_mcdi.c           |   92 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_mcdi.h           |    9 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_nic.c            |   35 +
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_nvram.c          |  104 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_proxy.c          |  364 +++++++
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_regs_mcdi.h      | 1667 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_regs_mcdi_aoe.h  |   13 +
 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_regs_mcdi_strs.h |  174 +--
 drivers/net/sfc/base/hunt_nic.c           |   41 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/mcdi_mon.c           |   27 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/base/medford2_nic.c       |    3 -
 drivers/net/sfc/base/medford_nic.c        |    3 -
 drivers/net/sfc/base/meson.build          |    4 +
 drivers/net/sfc/base/siena_impl.h         |    6 +
 drivers/net/sfc/base/siena_nvram.c        |   34 +-
 drivers/net/sfc/efsys.h                   |    4 +
 34 files changed, 4985 insertions(+), 322 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_evb.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_firmware_ids.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/sfc/base/ef10_proxy.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_evb.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/sfc/base/efx_proxy.c

Comments

Ferruh Yigit June 18, 2019, 7:52 a.m. UTC | #1
On 6/10/2019 8:38 AM, Andrew Rybchenko wrote:
> checkpatches.sh generates warnings/errors because of a bit different
> coding style in base driver.
> 
> Andrew Lee (1):
>   net/sfc/base: fix signed/unsigned mismatch errors
> 
> Andrew Rybchenko (2):
>   net/sfc/base: do not rely on indirect header inclusion
>   net/sfc/base: update MCDI headers
> 
> Gautam Dawar (14):
>   net/sfc/base: enable chained multicast on all EF10 cards
>   net/sfc/base: export the zero-based MCDI port number
>   net/sfc/base: introduce of EVB module for SR-IOV support
>   net/sfc/base: add MCDI wrappers for vPort and vSwitch in EVB
>   net/sfc/base: add EVB module vSwitch/vPort/vAdaptor ops
>   net/sfc/base: implement vSwitch create/destroy
>   net/sfc/base: factor out upstream port vAdaptor allocation
>   net/sfc/base: support data path with EVB module
>   net/sfc/base: support proxy auth operations for SR-IOV
>   net/sfc/base: implement proxy auth MCDI event handling
>   net/sfc/base: provide proxy APIs to client drivers
>   net/sfc/base: provide APIs to configure and reset vPort
>   net/sfc/base: provide API to fetch vPort statistics
>   net/sfc/base: add APIs for PTP privilege configuration
> 
> Kevin Lampis (1):
>   net/sfc/base: add definition of OEM TLV
> 
> Mark Spender (2):
>   net/sfc/base: fix shift by more bits than field width
>   net/sfc/base: improve code style in sensors decoding
> 
> Paul Fox (1):
>   net/sfc/base: add definition of bundle metadata partition
> 
> Richard Houldsworth (8):
>   net/sfc/base: add driver version string registration
>   net/sfc/base: add capabilities for bundle partition support
>   net/sfc/base: add extensible NVRAM info function
>   net/sfc/base: add NVRAM info to API
>   net/sfc/base: add firmware ID header
>   net/sfc/base: support direct FW update for bundle partitions
>   net/sfc/base: transition to the extensible NVRAM info API
>   net/sfc/base: add background mode firmware updating


Series applied to dpdk-next-net/master, thanks.


Fixed following checkpatch warnings while merging:


ERROR:SPACING: space required before the open brace '{'
#49: FILE: drivers/net/sfc/base/mcdi_mon.c:85:
+                   (efx_mon_get_stat_portmap(id, &stat_portmask) != B_TRUE)){


WARNING:TYPO_SPELLING: 'paramter' may be misspelled - perhaps 'parameter'?
#1:
identifier and hence this paramter is unused for EF10 architecture
	
	
WARNING:TYPO_SPELLING: 'initilization' may be misspelled - perhaps 'initialization'?
#13:
the changes in NIC initilization flow.
Thomas Monjalon June 23, 2019, 10:37 p.m. UTC | #2
18/06/2019 09:52, Ferruh Yigit:
> On 6/10/2019 8:38 AM, Andrew Rybchenko wrote:
> > checkpatches.sh generates warnings/errors because of a bit different
> > coding style in base driver.
[...]
> Series applied to dpdk-next-net/master, thanks.
> 
> Fixed following checkpatch warnings while merging:

There are a lot more checkpatch warnings in this code.
Is it possible to fix the style of the code in the sfc/base directory?
Or we prefer to continue with so many checkpatch warnings?
Andrew Rybchenko June 24, 2019, 7:53 a.m. UTC | #3
Hi Thomas,

On 6/24/19 1:37 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 18/06/2019 09:52, Ferruh Yigit:
>> On 6/10/2019 8:38 AM, Andrew Rybchenko wrote:
>>> checkpatches.sh generates warnings/errors because of a bit different
>>> coding style in base driver.
> [...]
>> Series applied to dpdk-next-net/master, thanks.
>>
>> Fixed following checkpatch warnings while merging:
> There are a lot more checkpatch warnings in this code.
> Is it possible to fix the style of the code in the sfc/base directory?
> Or we prefer to continue with so many checkpatch warnings?

In short: I'm trying to minimize a number of warnings, but it is not always
possible. I'll pay even more attention to it in the future.

The base driver is used for other OS drivers and coding style in the base
driver is a common denominator of their coding styles plus some kind
of established practices. Unfortunately some points in coding style in
FreeBSD and GLD (Solaris) contradict to DPDK coding style.
Of course, there is a grey area and we're trying to avoid checkpatches.sh
warning there. Sometimes even changing existing practices, but anyway
major changes of coding style in existing sources is not a good idea.
Ferruh Yigit June 24, 2019, 11:17 a.m. UTC | #4
On 6/24/2019 8:53 AM, Andrew Rybchenko wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> 
> On 6/24/19 1:37 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
>> 18/06/2019 09:52, Ferruh Yigit:
>>> On 6/10/2019 8:38 AM, Andrew Rybchenko wrote:
>>>> checkpatches.sh generates warnings/errors because of a bit different
>>>> coding style in base driver.
>> [...]
>>> Series applied to dpdk-next-net/master, thanks.
>>>
>>> Fixed following checkpatch warnings while merging:
>> There are a lot more checkpatch warnings in this code.
>> Is it possible to fix the style of the code in the sfc/base directory?
>> Or we prefer to continue with so many checkpatch warnings?
> 
> In short: I'm trying to minimize a number of warnings, but it is not always
> possible. I'll pay even more attention to it in the future.

There are a few known syntax differences between DPDK and sfc/base/*, most of
the warnings are from those,

at least I am OK with them as long as the syntax is consistent in sfc/base/*
which seems the case, I believe this is better than having a mixture of two
different syntax in the code.
Thomas Monjalon June 24, 2019, 1:07 p.m. UTC | #5
24/06/2019 13:17, Ferruh Yigit:
> On 6/24/2019 8:53 AM, Andrew Rybchenko wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> > 
> > On 6/24/19 1:37 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> >> 18/06/2019 09:52, Ferruh Yigit:
> >>> On 6/10/2019 8:38 AM, Andrew Rybchenko wrote:
> >>>> checkpatches.sh generates warnings/errors because of a bit different
> >>>> coding style in base driver.
> >> [...]
> >>> Series applied to dpdk-next-net/master, thanks.
> >>>
> >>> Fixed following checkpatch warnings while merging:
> >> There are a lot more checkpatch warnings in this code.
> >> Is it possible to fix the style of the code in the sfc/base directory?
> >> Or we prefer to continue with so many checkpatch warnings?
> > 
> > In short: I'm trying to minimize a number of warnings, but it is not always
> > possible. I'll pay even more attention to it in the future.
> 
> There are a few known syntax differences between DPDK and sfc/base/*, most of
> the warnings are from those,
> 
> at least I am OK with them as long as the syntax is consistent in sfc/base/*
> which seems the case, I believe this is better than having a mixture of two
> different syntax in the code.

OK thanks for the answers