[v5,00/14] Add patch set for IPN3KE
mbox series

Message ID 1554292065-186702-1-git-send-email-rosen.xu@intel.com
Headers show
Series
  • Add patch set for IPN3KE
Related show

Message

Xu, Rosen April 3, 2019, 11:47 a.m. UTC
v5 updates:
==========
 - Fix EXPERIMENTAL symbol definition issue

v4 updates:
==========
 - Fix coding style issues

v3 updates:
==========
 - Fix v2 comments
 - Update MAC BAR of AFU index get ops
 - Remove OPAE share code dependency of libfdt

v2 updates:
==========
 - Fix v1 comments
 - Add support for 10G Base Line Design Bitstream
 - Add support for 25G Base Line Design Bitstream

This patch set adds the support of a new net PMD, Intel® FPGA Programmable
Acceleration Card N3000, also called ipn3ke.

The ipn3ke PMD (librte_pmd_ipn3ke) provides poll mode driver support
for Intel® FPGA PAC(Programmable Acceleration Card) N3000 based on
the Intel Ethernet Controller X710/XXV710 and Intel Arria 10 FPGA.

In this card, FPGA is an acceleration bridge between network interface
and the Intel Ethernet Controller. Although both FPGA and Ethernet
Controllers are connected to CPU with PCIe Gen3x16 Switch, all the
packet RX/TX is handled by Intel Ethernet Controller. So from application
point of view the data path is still the legacy Intel Ethernet Controller
X710/XXV710 PMD. Besides this, users can enable more acceleration
features by FPGA IP.

Rosen Xu (7):
  drivers/bus/ifpga: add AFU shared data
  drivers/bus/ifpga: add function for AFU search by name
  drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE ethdev PMD driver
  drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE representor of PMD driver
  drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE TM of PMD driver
  drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE Flow of PMD driver
  drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev: add IPN3KE support for IFPGA Rawdev

Zhang, Tianfei (7):
  raw/ifpga/base: clean up code for ifpga share code
  raw/ifpga/base: store private features in FME and Port list
  raw/ifpga/base: add SPI and MAX10 device driver
  raw/ifpga/base: add I2C and at24 EEPROM driver
  raw/ifpga/base: add eth group driver
  raw/ifpga/base: add version description on README
  raw/ifpga/base: using prefix name "ifpga_" for feature and feature_ops
    data struct

 MAINTAINERS                                        |    7 +
 config/common_base                                 |    4 +
 doc/guides/nics/features/ipn3ke.ini                |   55 +
 doc/guides/nics/index.rst                          |    1 +
 doc/guides/nics/ipn3ke.rst                         |   98 +
 drivers/bus/ifpga/ifpga_bus.c                      |   13 +
 drivers/bus/ifpga/rte_bus_ifpga.h                  |   16 +
 drivers/bus/ifpga/rte_bus_ifpga_version.map        |    6 +
 drivers/net/Makefile                               |    1 +
 drivers/net/ipn3ke/Makefile                        |   39 +
 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_ethdev.c                 |  732 +++++++
 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_ethdev.h                 |  898 +++++++++
 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_flow.c                   | 1392 +++++++++++++
 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_flow.h                   |  106 +
 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_logs.h                   |   30 +
 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_rawdev_api.h             |   62 +
 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_representor.c            |  965 +++++++++
 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_tm.c                     | 2087 ++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/ipn3ke/meson.build                     |    9 +
 drivers/net/ipn3ke/rte_pmd_ipn3ke_version.map      |    4 +
 drivers/net/meson.build                            |    1 +
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/Makefile                  |    1 +
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/Makefile             |    6 +
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/README               |   15 +
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_api.c          |   98 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_api.h          |    1 +
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_defines.h      |   93 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_enumerate.c    |  357 ++--
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_feature_dev.c  |  174 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_feature_dev.h  |   99 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_fme.c          |  602 +++++-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_fme_dperf.c    |   16 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_fme_error.c    |   18 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_fme_iperf.c    |   28 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_fme_pr.c       |    8 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_hw.h           |   44 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_port.c         |   51 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/ifpga_port_error.c   |   10 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/meson.build          |    8 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_at24_eeprom.c   |   88 +
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_at24_eeprom.h   |   14 +
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_debug.c         |   16 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_eth_group.c     |  145 ++
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_eth_group.h     |   96 +
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_hw_api.c        |  200 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_hw_api.h        |   54 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_i2c.c           |  490 +++++
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_i2c.h           |  130 ++
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_intel_max10.c   |   88 +
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_intel_max10.h   |   96 +
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_osdep.h         |   21 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_spi.c           |  304 +++
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_spi.h           |  160 ++
 .../raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_spi_transaction.c   |  438 ++++
 .../ifpga_rawdev/base/osdep_raw/osdep_generic.h    |    1 +
 .../ifpga_rawdev/base/osdep_rte/osdep_generic.h    |   16 +
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/ifpga_rawdev.c            |  248 ++-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/ifpga_rawdev.h            |   14 +-
 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/meson.build               |    6 +-
 mk/rte.app.mk                                      |    1 +
 usertools/dpdk-devbind.py                          |    4 +-
 61 files changed, 10356 insertions(+), 429 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 doc/guides/nics/features/ipn3ke.ini
 create mode 100644 doc/guides/nics/ipn3ke.rst
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ipn3ke/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_ethdev.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_ethdev.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_flow.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_flow.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_logs.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_rawdev_api.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_representor.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ipn3ke/ipn3ke_tm.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ipn3ke/meson.build
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ipn3ke/rte_pmd_ipn3ke_version.map
 create mode 100644 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_at24_eeprom.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_at24_eeprom.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_eth_group.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_eth_group.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_i2c.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_i2c.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_intel_max10.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_intel_max10.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_spi.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_spi.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev/base/opae_spi_transaction.c

Comments

Ferruh Yigit April 4, 2019, 6:37 p.m. UTC | #1
On 4/3/2019 12:47 PM, Rosen Xu wrote:
> v5 updates:
> ==========
>  - Fix EXPERIMENTAL symbol definition issue
> 
> v4 updates:
> ==========
>  - Fix coding style issues
> 
> v3 updates:
> ==========
>  - Fix v2 comments
>  - Update MAC BAR of AFU index get ops
>  - Remove OPAE share code dependency of libfdt
> 
> v2 updates:
> ==========
>  - Fix v1 comments
>  - Add support for 10G Base Line Design Bitstream
>  - Add support for 25G Base Line Design Bitstream
> 
> This patch set adds the support of a new net PMD, Intel® FPGA Programmable
> Acceleration Card N3000, also called ipn3ke.
> 
> The ipn3ke PMD (librte_pmd_ipn3ke) provides poll mode driver support
> for Intel® FPGA PAC(Programmable Acceleration Card) N3000 based on
> the Intel Ethernet Controller X710/XXV710 and Intel Arria 10 FPGA.
> 
> In this card, FPGA is an acceleration bridge between network interface
> and the Intel Ethernet Controller. Although both FPGA and Ethernet
> Controllers are connected to CPU with PCIe Gen3x16 Switch, all the
> packet RX/TX is handled by Intel Ethernet Controller. So from application
> point of view the data path is still the legacy Intel Ethernet Controller
> X710/XXV710 PMD. Besides this, users can enable more acceleration
> features by FPGA IP.
> 
> Rosen Xu (7):
>   drivers/bus/ifpga: add AFU shared data
>   drivers/bus/ifpga: add function for AFU search by name
>   drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE ethdev PMD driver
>   drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE representor of PMD driver
>   drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE TM of PMD driver
>   drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE Flow of PMD driver
>   drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev: add IPN3KE support for IFPGA Rawdev
> 
> Zhang, Tianfei (7):
>   raw/ifpga/base: clean up code for ifpga share code
>   raw/ifpga/base: store private features in FME and Port list
>   raw/ifpga/base: add SPI and MAX10 device driver
>   raw/ifpga/base: add I2C and at24 EEPROM driver
>   raw/ifpga/base: add eth group driver
>   raw/ifpga/base: add version description on README
>   raw/ifpga/base: using prefix name "ifpga_" for feature and feature_ops
>     data struct

There are still build errors with shared build [1] related to missing pthread
library [2], can you please check it?


Also there are set of errors from 'check-git-log.sh', can you please run
following and fix the reported errors:
./devtools/check-git-log.sh -14


Thanks,
ferruh


[1]
CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_SHARED_LIB=y

[2]
/usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.o: in function `ipn3ke_rpst_init':
ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xd13): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
/usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xd32): undefined reference to
`pthread_cancel'
/usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xd4d): undefined reference to
`pthread_join'
/usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.o: in function `ipn3ke_rpst_uninit':
ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xe13): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
/usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xe32): undefined reference to
`pthread_cancel'
/usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xe4d): undefined reference to
`pthread_join'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Xu, Rosen April 8, 2019, 7:19 a.m. UTC | #2
Hi,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Yigit, Ferruh
> Sent: Friday, April 05, 2019 2:38
> To: Xu, Rosen <rosen.xu@intel.com>; dev@dpdk.org
> Cc: Zhang, Tianfei <tianfei.zhang@intel.com>; Wei, Dan
> <dan.wei@intel.com>; Pei, Andy <andy.pei@intel.com>; Yang, Qiming
> <qiming.yang@intel.com>; Wang, Haiyue <haiyue.wang@intel.com>; Chen,
> Santos <santos.chen@intel.com>; Zhang, Zhang <zhang.zhang@intel.com>;
> Lomartire, David <david.lomartire@intel.com>
> Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 00/14] Add patch set for IPN3KE
> 
> On 4/3/2019 12:47 PM, Rosen Xu wrote:
> > v5 updates:
> > ==========
> >  - Fix EXPERIMENTAL symbol definition issue
> >
> > v4 updates:
> > ==========
> >  - Fix coding style issues
> >
> > v3 updates:
> > ==========
> >  - Fix v2 comments
> >  - Update MAC BAR of AFU index get ops
> >  - Remove OPAE share code dependency of libfdt
> >
> > v2 updates:
> > ==========
> >  - Fix v1 comments
> >  - Add support for 10G Base Line Design Bitstream
> >  - Add support for 25G Base Line Design Bitstream
> >
> > This patch set adds the support of a new net PMD, Intel® FPGA
> > Programmable Acceleration Card N3000, also called ipn3ke.
> >
> > The ipn3ke PMD (librte_pmd_ipn3ke) provides poll mode driver support
> > for Intel® FPGA PAC(Programmable Acceleration Card) N3000 based on the
> > Intel Ethernet Controller X710/XXV710 and Intel Arria 10 FPGA.
> >
> > In this card, FPGA is an acceleration bridge between network interface
> > and the Intel Ethernet Controller. Although both FPGA and Ethernet
> > Controllers are connected to CPU with PCIe Gen3x16 Switch, all the
> > packet RX/TX is handled by Intel Ethernet Controller. So from
> > application point of view the data path is still the legacy Intel
> > Ethernet Controller
> > X710/XXV710 PMD. Besides this, users can enable more acceleration
> > features by FPGA IP.
> >
> > Rosen Xu (7):
> >   drivers/bus/ifpga: add AFU shared data
> >   drivers/bus/ifpga: add function for AFU search by name
> >   drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE ethdev PMD driver
> >   drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE representor of PMD driver
> >   drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE TM of PMD driver
> >   drivers/net/ipn3ke: add IPN3KE Flow of PMD driver
> >   drivers/raw/ifpga_rawdev: add IPN3KE support for IFPGA Rawdev
> >
> > Zhang, Tianfei (7):
> >   raw/ifpga/base: clean up code for ifpga share code
> >   raw/ifpga/base: store private features in FME and Port list
> >   raw/ifpga/base: add SPI and MAX10 device driver
> >   raw/ifpga/base: add I2C and at24 EEPROM driver
> >   raw/ifpga/base: add eth group driver
> >   raw/ifpga/base: add version description on README
> >   raw/ifpga/base: using prefix name "ifpga_" for feature and feature_ops
> >     data struct
> 
> There are still build errors with shared build [1] related to missing pthread
> library [2], can you please check it?
> 
IPN3KE Makefile misses include lib pthread.
LDLIBS += -lpthread
Fixed in v6.

> 
> Also there are set of errors from 'check-git-log.sh', can you please run
> following and fix the reported errors:
> ./devtools/check-git-log.sh -14

Fixed in v6.

> 
> Thanks,
> ferruh

Welcome, thanks your reminder.

> 
> [1]
> CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_SHARED_LIB=y

Check before send v6.

> [2]
> /usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.o: in function `ipn3ke_rpst_init':
> ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xd13): undefined reference to
> `pthread_create'
> /usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xd32): undefined reference to
> `pthread_cancel'
> /usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xd4d): undefined reference to
> `pthread_join'
> /usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.o: in function `ipn3ke_rpst_uninit':
> ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xe13): undefined reference to
> `pthread_create'
> /usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xe32): undefined reference to
> `pthread_cancel'
> /usr/bin/ld: ipn3ke_representor.c:(.text+0xe4d): undefined reference to
> `pthread_join'
> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> 

Fixed in v6.